Here is an updated compilation of beautiful life lesson quotes to encourage you to embrace all parts of life, be it for good or for worst, to have the self confidence and courage in times of adversity and strength to pull through, to continue learning all the way and never giving up.
Life is a wondrous journey. Despite the good or bad, we get to learn each step of the way.
If you enjoy reading quotes, be sure to explore the following about:
These beautiful life lesson quotes and sayings compilation is fitting for every purpose be it happiness, success, life, family and relationships. If you’ll want to check out the rest of our best quotes compilation — head over to our inspirational quotes category.
Life goes on… whether you choose to move on and take chance or stay put, locked in the past.
Here are 61 beautiful life lesson quotes based on categories to encourage you in every aspects of life.
- Important Life Lessons Quotes for Life and Living
- Important Life Lesson Quotes for Success
- Important Life Lesson Quotes for Family and Relationship
Ready for motivation and a big dose of encouragement from these quotes about lesson in life?
Let’s head forward.
1. “Sometimes painful things can teach us lessons that we didn’t think we needed to know.”
2. “Don’t change so people will like you. Be and love yourself and the right people will love the real you.”“Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.” Click To Tweet
3. “Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.”
4. “Peace is something you’ll never experience if you keep letting things you can’t control, control you. Let it go.”
5. “They are things in life we don’t want to happen, but have to accept; things we don’t want to know, but have to learn, and people we can’t live without, but have to let go.”
6. “Enjoy the little things in life for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things.”
7. “You just can’t let life happen to you; you have to make life happen.”
8. “Don’t beat yourself up for not knowing the answers. You don’t always have to know who you are. You don’t have to have the big picture, or know where you’re heading. Sometimes, it’s enough just to know what you’re going to do next.”
You may also enjoy the article on hero quotes.
9. “My scars tell a story. They are a reminder of times when life tried to break me, but failed. They are markings of where the structure of my character was welded.”
10. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning. Anyone can start over and make a new ending.”"Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning. Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” Click To Tweet
11. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”
12. “The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.”
13. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.”
14. “The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.”
15. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.”
16. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.”
You may also enjoy reading article about Monday motivation quotes.
17. “When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways – either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength. Thanks to the teachings of Buddha, I have been able to take this second way.” – Dalai Lama
18. “The older you get, the more likely you are to realize that opportunities are not going to just crawl into your lap and you might have to really fight for the thing you want.”
19. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Click To Tweet
20. “If you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
21. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
22. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase. just take the first step.”
23. “Two things define us. our patience when we have nothing and our attitude when we have everything.”
You will enjoy reading articles on good morning love quotes for her.
24. “A little thought and a little kindness are worth more than a great deal of money.”
25. “The truth is, what you do matters. What you do today matters. What you do every day matters. Successful people just do the things that seem to make no difference in the act of doing them and they do them over and over and over until the compound effect kicks in.” – Jeff Olson
26. “The world is what you think of it, so think of it differently and your life will change.” – Paul Arden
27. “If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan.”
28. “If you are driven by fear, anger or pride nature will force you to compete. If you are guided by courage, awareness, tranquility and peace nature will serve you.”
29. “There is no tomorrow and there was no yesterday; if you truly want to accomplish your goals you must engulf yourself in today.”
30. “I firmly believe that we are all given signs and dreams and put in situations that define who we were and who we are to become. All of it points towards our destiny. All we need to do is listen carefully to the messages and follow our dreams. It is in our dreams that we find our true identities and where our destiny awaits.”
31. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar"Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you." – Zig Ziglar Click To Tweet
32. “Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.”
33. “I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go about it, and make trial after trial, until it comes.” – Thomas Edison
34. “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” – Anthony Robbins
35. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
36. “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody.” – Herbert Bayard Swope
37. “Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.”
38. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
39. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
40. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” – Henry Ford
You will also enjoy reading our articles on stay focused quotes.
41. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” – Tony Robbins“The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” – Tony Robbins Click To Tweet
42. “Never sacrifice three things; your family, your heart and your dignity.”
43. “Never speak from a place of hate, jealousy, anger or insecurity. evaluate your words before you let them leave your lips. sometimes it’s best to be quiet.”
44. “People may not tell you how they feel about you, but they always show you. pay attention.”
45. “Love, like everything else in life, should be a discovery, an adventure, and like most adventures, you don’t know you’re having one until you’re right in the middle of it.”
46. “Help someone, you earn a friend. Help someone too much, you make an enemy.”
47. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.”
48. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So, you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.”
49. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
50. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
51. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
52. “We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don’t even matter, while all that time we waste and the people who do love us have to stand on the sidewalk and watch us beg in the streets! It’s time to put an end to this. It’s time for us to let ourselves be loved.”
53. “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.”
54. “Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.”
55. “Sometimes, someone comes into your life, so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise, and changes your life forever.”
56. “Find someone who makes you realize three things: one, that home is not a place, but a feeling. Two, that time is not measured by a clock, but by moments. And three, that heartbeat is not heard, but felt and shared.”
57. “Train your mind to see the good in everything. Positivity is a choice. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.”
58. “Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, how hard you are to handle but still wants you.”
59. “One day someone will be 100% honest with you and will love you forever, so don’t give up trying to find them, they’re looking for you too.”
60. “People are more likely to please themselves before attempting to please you. It’s only wise to encourage them to do what makes them happy so that they would eventually seek your own happiness.”
61. “Be kind to everyone you meet, no matter where they are in life because tomorrow, they might just be the person you need to open the door for you.”“Be kind to everyone you meet, no matter where they are in life because tomorrow, they might just be the person you need to open the door for you.” Click To Tweet
Wrapping up: Share Your Life Lesson Quotes
Remember, life is not a race. It is a marathon and we are all in it together. The only way to be better is that we learn from our mistakes. Progress forward and be better than you were yesterday. There is lessons to be learned everyday in our lives.
If you have come across other beautiful life lesson quotes and sayings, do share by commenting in the comment section below.