It takes constant practice and sheer determination to push yourself out of your comfort zone in order to grow, be optimistic and start taking control of your own life. Surely, it’s some of the things mentally strong people do.How To Dominate In Life. 21 Characteristics Of Mentally Strong People 💪💪💪 Click To Tweet
Sure, it’s easy to say but a mentally strong person will never undermine their own worth, they will never feel sorry for themselves for what they are lacking or give way to people’s opinion about themselves.
Based from psychotherapist Amy Morin, the author of “13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do.”, she points out these qualities of a strong person.
21 Characteristics Of Mentally Strong People
- They keep a balance between emotion and logical thinking.
- Time is of essence. Every minute counts. They ensure that their time is spent productively
- They understand that change of growth is necessary.
- They recognize the fear that’s holding them back.
- They don’t let mistakes stop them. Instead, they learn from it.
- They understand that regardless the person they are today, they can be better.
- They celebrate and praise other people’s successes.
- They recognize their own priority and not make decisions based from the opinions of others.
- They understand that improving oneself is not a matter for boasting.
- They live an authentic life.
- It was never a question about winning or losing.
- They disregard the short term mentality.
- They accept full responsibility of their actions.
- They are not afraid to go through hardships.
- They are always grateful.
- They recognize their abilities and what they do best.
- They fall down seven, and get up eight.
- They focus on the bright side.
- They don’t allow their weaknesses to hold them back.
- They solve problems instead of complaining about them.
- They are always learning.
1. They keep a balance between emotion and logical thinking.
When it especially comes to decision making, mentally strong people understand that their emotions may often affect its outcome.
Regardless, they make an effort to strike a cohesive balance between emotion and logic in order to make the best decision possible."The ability to continue moving when you are feeling scared, fearful or lazy is the sign of true mental strength.” ― Matthew Donnelly Click To Tweet
2. Time is of essence. Every minute counts. They ensure that their time is spent productively.
Instead of wasting time participating in small talks or avoiding difficult circumstances for another day, a mentally strong person recognizes the importance of working on what really matters.
They refuse to waste their precious time on unproductive matters and focus on doing what brings them closer to their goals.
3. They understand that change of growth is necessary.
Change is a necessary part of life. It is a crucial part of life, being willing to take in a temporary period of discomfort, surrendering what they are now for what they could become.“At the end of your struggles, challenges, and obstacles comes the mental strength to cross many boundaries in the future.” ― Edmond Mbiaka Click To Tweet
4. They recognize the fear that’s holding them back.
Fear is inevitable. A mentally strong person confronts and strives to overcome their fears. They know that fear is nothing more than an obstacle that stands in their way of progress.
In overcoming their fears, they move forward stronger and wiser.
5. They don’t let mistakes stop them. Instead, they learn from it.
Mentally strong people know the best way to learn from their mistakes is to admit them rather than to blame them on someone else. They learn from them and strive to not repeat it again.“You don't earn respect by trying to be like everyone else. You have to be your true positive self and consistently hold your ground before people would start to respect the mental strength and originality in you.” ― Edmond Mbiaka Click To Tweet
6. They understand that regardless the person they are today, they can be better.
Things mentally strong people do is they accept themselves at present and at the same time, taking efforts to grow and be better in various aspects of their life.
7. They celebrate and praise other people’s successes.
They understand that recognizing other’s successes won’t dampen theirs. They celebrate the success of others as how they would want others to celebrate theirs.“Increasing the strength of our minds is the only way to reduce the difficulty of life.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana Click To Tweet
8. They recognize their own priority and not make decisions based from the opinions of others.
A mentally strong person holds firm onto their own life’s value. They recognize their own priorities, making decision effortlessly.
9. They understand that improving oneself is not a matter for boasting.
Mentally strong people could care less about what others think of them and what more to feel validated by the people around them. Instead, they are so focus to constantly develop and improve that they’ll have no time to seek any form of recognition from the external."As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live." — Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe Click To Tweet
10. They live an authentic life.
They are true to themselves and seek to be real. They understood that life’s contentment is in understanding oneself and not from external factors.
11. It was never a question about winning or losing.
To win or lose is never the utmost importance for a mentally strong person. Instead, they’ll constantly feel good about themselves because they recognize their own true value and self esteem relishes from within."If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." — Vincent Van Gogh Click To Tweet
12. They disregard the short term mentality.
A mentally strong person understands that it takes discipline and commitment for any triumph. They focus on the long term goal and ensure that every little action they take each day brings them closer to their goals.
13. They accept full responsibility of their actions.
Instead of hiding or beating around the bush, mentally strong people take responsibility for their actions. They admit and learn from them."You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do." — Eleanor Roosevelt Click To Tweet
14. They are not afraid to go through hardships.
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. They know that and accept any challenges they may come their way in order to become better.
15. They are always grateful.
Instead of belittling themselves and what they are lacking, they express gratitude constantly on the things they do have."Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement." — Golda Meir Click To Tweet
16. They recognize their abilities and what they do best.
A mentally strong people identify the things they are good at and make the best out with it.
17. They fall down seven, and get up eight.
They know that failing is part of the learning curve. Instead of quitting, they get back up again; never quitting until they succeed."Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong." — Peter T. Mcintyre Click To Tweet
18. They focus on the bright side.
Mentally strong people see the good things in life. When all things seemed like it’s dark and gloom, they search for the optimist silver lining within whilst keeping their feet grounded at the same time.
19. They don’t allow their weaknesses to hold them back.
A mentally strong people recognize their biggest weaknesses as a challenge to overcome. Instead of running from them, they make gains to work on them."The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable." — Paul Tillich Click To Tweet
20. They solve problems instead of complaining about them.
Whenever problems arise, they quit making a big deal out of it and instead gather the thoughts and actions needed to solve them. They don’t spend their time and energy going around them but instead solve them.
21. They are always learning.
They never stop learning because life never stops teaching. No matter the circumstances, be it good or bad, they are always finding the lessons being taught to them.
Based on materials from Business Insider
Pin this for later.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post. Please share and inspire others too.
Discover Your True Calling & Purpose In Life Today
My goal is to help you connect to your true self – to help you move away from conventional thinking and create a life definition that works for you.
Download this eBook for FREE by entering your name and email below now. We’ll begin to uncover your true calling and discover the very reason you are alive.