Your father probably told you a few things but just in case he wasn’t around enough, here are 49 wisdom nuggets you might have missed out.
1. Confidence is the key to everything.
2. Go for women who you perceived to be “out of your league”. You’re bound to surprise yourself.
3. Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
4. Never have sex with anyone that doesn’t want it as much as you do.
5. Every hat should serve a purpose.
6. Nothing looks more badass than a well-tailored suit.
7. Never just take her to the movies on the first date.
8. Learn to wet shave.
10. Buy a plunger before you need one.
11. Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift and play sports.
12. Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
13. A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.
14. Call your parents every week.
15. Never wear a clip-on tie.
16. Give a firm handshake.
17. Compliment the way she dresses.
18. Never leave a pint unfinished.
20. You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bothered him.
21. Be conscious of your body language.
22. Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
23. Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
24. Ask more than you answer. Everybody enjoys talking about themselves.
25. Keep a change of clothes at the office.
26. Buy high quality tools so you’ll only have to buy them once.
27. Being a man is not only being able to take care of yourself but others as well.
28. Go with your decision that will make for a good story.
30. Nice guys don’t finish last. Boring guys do.
31. Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
32. Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
33. No matter their jobs or statues in life, everyone deserves your respect.
34. The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen. It’s your job to overcome them.
35. The first one to get angry loses.
37. Never, ever stop learning.
38. Always go out into public dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
39. Don’t change yourself just to make someone happy, unless that someone is you.
40. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
41. Luck favors the prepared.
42. Women find confidence sexy.
43. Do whatever you want to do in life, but be the best at it.
44. No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work. Enjoy your life.
45. Keeping your nails neat and trimmed is a sign of sexual intelligence.
46. Don’t go to the grocery store hungry.
47. She isn’t always right. Needless to say, she’ll appreciate you sticking up for yourself. Just be mature about it.
48. Never take a good woman for granted.
49. Never raise your voice. Instead, improve your argument.
Have you heard of any other advise from a parent that’s not included within the list?
Share with us by commenting below.