Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Financial challenges

Homepage Forums Tough Times Financial challenges

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Liew 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CallieMora
    Participant

I’ve always enjoyed reading and learning from Great Big Minds. Thank you for setting up this community as I truly believe it’ll help many others.
    I’m currently in a financial crises but am keeping myself positive despite so. I hope to hear from others who have experiences and how they are dealing with it. What methods have you used to cope with it mentally and emotionally?

anthony
    Participant

Coincidence or not, I have been in similar situation as you are now, Callie. Thanks for bringing this topic up and hopefully what I am about to share can help many others out of this.

Two years ago, I was in a terrible state in life. I was out of business, penniless and constantly being followed by debtors trying to regain the most out of their losses.
    I truly thought that’s how my life would end up being and that I would be on the street. Thankfully, even though I was in a horrible condition, I still have friends who stood by my side.

We talked about it one night, one of them suggested that I focus on only things I want in life. It was the law of attraction and I understood what I focus on matters.

From that moment on, I started counting on things I can be grateful for instead of what I was lacking. I was living in the moment and appreciating life. It was no longer about my financial struggles but on abundance and positive things.

I modified my habits, sorted things out with my debtors and started out again with what little I have left. I try a little harder each day to be a little better. The months add up and I am happy to say life has improved tremendously.

Simply put, what we think about ourselves makes a difference. When you really desire something, all the universe conspires to help you realize your dreams.
    “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life” – JK Rowling

Jay Liew
    Keymaster

Thank you Callie and Anthony for sharing your thoughts. I for one has been through a time of financial struggles but I chose to not dwell in it and instead, make the most of present moments. I started doing things I find joy in and that is to inspire and uplift others. That was part and parcel of how then GBM was started!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Jay Liew.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

STAY CONNECTED

1,033,420FansLike
13,343FollowersFollow
717FollowersFollow
102FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

MUST READ

How To Build Self-Worth And Start Believing in Yourself Again

Your self-worth is one of the most important things you have. It’s more important than likes on a screen or follower counts. Starting today, we need to shift the focus back on our values as human beings. Let’s rebuild our own confidence one step at a time.