In the hit TV series, Game of Thrones, Meliandre said, “The night is dark and full of terrors.” That quote shows the dark side of night. However, the night is a wonderful period, as you will see in the best good night quotes to reflect your day.
It offers us a chance to give our bodies the much-needed rest after a long day of intense labor and strength-draining activities.
You should read these quotes before switching off the light, pulling the blanket to cover your body, and shutting your eyes to fall asleep.
A good night is crucial to your wellbeing the following morning. It’s also good to your feel-good hormones while you sleep.
Even if you’re not thinking about dropping to the bed for a good shutout, the good night quotes can put you in a great frame of mind to reflect about your day and life.81 Best Good Night Quotes To Reflect Your Day About Click To Tweet
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliates and will come at no extra cost for your end. However, I may earn a commission should you choose to purchase through the affiliate links provided. With these funds, it help fund this blog and every expense incurred, ensuring that I can continue to provide valuable content such as this to you free of charge. Please be assured that I only recommend products that are worthy and benefiting to you. Thank you for reading through.
Action plan on how to use your favorite quotes effectively
- Print it – Print your favorite quote onto paper and stick them up at obvious places around your house, like your bed frame, desk, dressing mirror, refrigerator or microwave.
- Desktop or mobile wallpaper – Type or work out a simple design (use Canva.com to make designing effortless) for your desktop or mobile wallpaper. Change it from time to time for empowering variations.
- Workplace / worktop – Frame your favorite quote up and place them so by your desk. Not only do you get inspired after each read, your colleagues might too.
- Pocket-size cut outs – Compile a list of your favorite quotes in wallet-size fittings. Keep them in your wallet or at the back of your pocket wherever you go. That way, you get to read through them conveniently wherever you go.
- Accelerate further – To this day, I am still constantly learning through paid educational platforms to improve my personal development and professional growth. Even though nowadays, multiple resources can be freely found online, but it’ll take a tremendous amount of effort and time to find what works. I know so and have been joining a premium, life-changing learning program called Mindvalley. It connects me to the world’s best teachers and community and I’ve been on their program since 2019. So yes, I know the programs taught inside work.
81 Best Good Night Quotes To Reflect Your Day About
- “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” ― Stephenie Meyer
- “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” ― Edgar Allan Poe
- “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” ― Sarah Williams
- “The darker the night, the brighter the stars, The deeper the grief, the closer is God!” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “How did it get so late so soon?” ― Dr. Seuss
- “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “What hath night to do with sleep?” ― John Milton
- “The night is the hardest time to be alive and 4am knows all my secrets.” ― Poppy Z. Brite
- “This is night, Diddykins. That’s what we call it when it goes all dark like this. ” ― J.K. Rowling
Best good night quotes for the winter
- “Melancholy were the sounds on a winter’s night.” ― Virginia Woolf
- “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.” ― Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “I love the silent hour of night, For blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight What may not bless my waking eyes.” ― Anne Brontë
- “Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness.” ― Poppy Z.Brite
- “Night Triumphant- and the Stars Eternal.” ― Sarah J. Maas
- “It was the possibility of darkness that made the day seem so bright.” ― Stephen King
- “The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.” ― Haruki Murakami
- “I buried my head under the darkness of the pillow and pretended it was night. I couldn’t see the point of getting up. I had nothing to look forward to.” ― Sylvia Plath
- “Sleep is such a luxury, which I can’t afford.” ― Robin Sikarwar
- “You see, there are no pretty pink flowers in the woods at night.” ― J.K. Franko
Inspirational good night quotes when in the dark
- “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “No one but Night, with tears on her dark face, watches beside me in this windy place.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “Life begins at night” ― Charlaine Harris
- “Whoever thinks of going to bed before twelve o’clock is a scoundrel.” ― Samuel Johnson
- “We love the night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds.” ― Fitz-James O’Brien
- “Night is a time of rigor, but also of mercy. There are truths which one can see only when it’s dark” ― Isaac Bashevis Singer
- “It was a wonderful night, such a night as is only possible when we are young, dear reader.” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “Good night – may you fall asleep in the arms of a dream, so beautiful, you’ll cry when you awake.” ― Michael Faudet
- “Everything was an adventure, at night, when you were where you shouldn’t be, even if it was somewhere you could go perfectly well in daylight, and it was then only ordinary.” ― Robin McKinley
- “The unwelcome November rain had perversely stolen the day’s last hour and pawned it with that ancient fence, the night.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
More good night quotes with pictures
- “The clouds were disappearing rapidly, leaving the stars to die. The night dried up.” ― Andre Breton
- “That was the only decision there was once upon a time: what to do with the night.” ― Harry Crews
- “Anything seems possible at night when the rest of the world has gone to sleep.” ― David Almond
- “that’s because it’s from the night, and the night keeps secrets” ― Maggie Stiefvater
- “There is a loveliness to life that does not fade. Even in the terrors of the night, there is a tendency toward grace that does not fail us. ” ― Robert Goolrick
- “Down there the nights are bright and nobody believes in the Devil.” ― Cornelia Funke
- “The autumn twilight turned into deep and early night as they walked. Tristran could smell the distant winter on the air–a mixture of night-mist and crisp darkness and the tang of fallen leaves.” ― Neil Gaiman
- “Night, which in Autumn seems to fall from the sky so suddenly, chilled us…” ― Jules Barbey d’Aurevilly
- “The night stared me in the face, amorphous, blind, infinite, without frontiers. Not a single start relieved the darkness behind the glass.” ― Stanisław Lem
- “Now the night’s breath responds to the sea, which I can scarcely hear from here, as it reminisces about its shipwrecks.” ― Joe Bousquet
Good night quotes for her
- “I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.” ― Erin McCarthy
- “This is the ending. Now not day only shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Night is certainly more novel and less profane than day.” ― Henry David Thoreau
- “The craving to risk death is our last great perversion. We come from night, we go into night. Why live at night?” ― John Fowles
- “That night was a dark day. Of course, all nights are dark days, because night is simply a badly lit version of day, …” ― Lemony Snicket
- “At night the fog was thick and full of light, and sometimes voices.” ― Erin Bow
- “When dawn comes, that memory gradually distances…Tonight, I will bring it to sleep with me, so that will not be taken away by the waves of the night…” ― Ai Yazawa
- “Night does not show things, it suggests them. It disturbes and surprises us with its strangeness. It liberates forces within us which are dominated by our reason during the daytime.” ― Brassai
- “Night is purer than day; it is better for thinking, loving and dreaming. At night everything is more intense, more true. The echo of words that have been spoken during the day takes on a new and deeper meaning.” ― Elie Wiesel
- “The nearer the dawn the darker the night.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Godly good night quotes
- “When the world is itself draped in the mantle of night, the mirror of the mind is like the sky in which thoughts twinkle like stars.” ― Khushwant Singh
- “The night sky is only a sort of carbon paper, Blueblack, with the much-poked periods of stars Letting in the light, peephole after peephole— A bonewhite light, like death, behind all things.” ― Sylvia Plath
- “It looked as if a night of dark intent was coming, and not only a night, an age. Someone had better be prepared for rage…” ― Robert Frost
- “By night the skyscraper looms in the smoke and the stars and has a soul.” ― Carl Sandburg
- “Night was a very different matter. It was dense, thicker than the very walls, and it was empty, so black, so immense that within it you could brush against appalling things and feel roaming and prowling around a strange, mysterious horror.” ― Guy de Maupassant
- “If we had more sleepless nights in prayer, there would be fewer souls to have a sleepless eternal night in hell.” ― Leonard Ravenhill
- “Then you realize: night gives the world back its natural, original appearance, without sugar-coating it; day is a flight of fancy, light, a slight exception, an oversight, a disruption of the order. The world in fact is dark, almost black. Motionless and cold.” ― Olga Tokarczuk
- “Television knows no night. It is a perpetual day. TV embodies our fear of the dark, of night, of the other side of things.” ― Jean Baudrillard
- “Lie you easy, dream you light, And sleep you fast for aye; And luckier may you find the night Than ever you found the day.” ― A.E. Housman
- “Last night, lost in spaces between star—bays and lakes of clouds, I tossed and turned looking for you” ― john j geddes
More short good night quotes
- “Why is it that night falls, instead of rising, like the dawn? Yet if you look east, at sunset, you can see night rising, not falling; darkness lifting into the sky, up from the horizon…” ― Margaret Atwood
- “Every star was once darker than the night, before it awoke.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
- “The summer demands and takes away too much. /But night, the reserved, the reticent, gives more than it takes” ― John Ashbery
- “a silent night. – the most eloquent poem i have ever read.” ― Sanober Khan
- “The dawn of beauty always comes after night.” ― Sorin Cerin
- “A lonely night is more profound than lonesome nights.” ― Santosh Kalwar
- “The night is still waiting.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
- “Night is mine, together with a substantial part of the future.” ― Nelly Kaplan
- “Hope is a helium balloon. It is a wish lantern set out into the dark sky of night.” ― Sharon Weil
- “Life is the night sky All the dots of stars are happiness” ― Richard L. Ratliff
- “Persons in whom a crisis takes place pass the night preceding the paroxysm uncomfortably, but the succeeding night generally more comfortably.” ― Hippocrates
- “Isn’t it queer that the things we writhe over at night are seldom wicked things? Just humiliating ones.” ― L.M. Montgomery
- “At night the sky is pure astronomy.” ― Nicole Krauss
- “Night has come, and her planets have risen: a safe, still night: too serene for the companionship of fear.” ― Charlotte Brontë
- “The nights were long, like the braids of a pretty girl, and the days were short, like a girl’s sense. (“The North”)” ― Yevgeny Zamyatin
- “Tonight’s going to be one of those things that seem to last forever.” ― Cath Crowley
- “The night was white-blind with fog, and Kate staggered over every stone and stumbled in every puddle, but she pushed on as fast as she could.” ― Erin Bow
- “Day or night, good or bad…all things from within.” ― T.F. Hodge
- “The night has a thousand eyes And the day but one Yet the light of the bright world dies with the dying sun.” ― Francis William Bourdillon
- “And at the end of the night, they realized how important those little stars were, which they ignored while adoring the beauty of the moon whole night.” ― Akshay Vasu
- “Outside everything was uncannily visible in the light of the full moon, but here in the dark shaded alleys the night was conscious of itself. (“The Moon Slave”)” ― Barry Pain
- “Night is when fear comes to us at its fullest, when we have no way to fight it. It will do everything it can to seep inside you. Sometimes it may succeed – but never think that you are the night.” ― Samantha Shannon
Which of these good night quotes are your favorite?
Everybody deserves a good night – whether to rest or fall asleep – to give the body an opportunity to recharge and wake up rejuvenated.
A good night’s rest or activity starts with a reflection on the activities of the day that’s just passed by in a rush.
Humans spend up to 30 percent of their life sleeping. That shows just how important a good night’s sleep is to us.
Without a good night’s sleep, you would be on the verge of sleep deprivation. Scientists believe that sleep deprivation kills faster than food deprivation.
Based on these scientific facts, you need to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy the night. If your mind is right, you only need 10-15 minutes at most to fall asleep.
Therefore, memorize the night quotes to reflect your day. Use these best good night quotes to think about the day that’s just passed and the one that awaits you tomorrow.