Mindfulness quotes can transform your outlook on life. And as someone who has struggled with anxiety and stress, I know firsthand the benefits of practicing mindfulness. It’s all about being present in the moment and truthfully, the more you practice it, the better you get at managing your emotions.
If you enjoyed exploring quotes, you will definitely like reading our articles about:
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to get caught up in the rush of everyday life and forget to pause and appreciate our surroundings. We are either living in the past or constantly worrying about the future instead of being fully present in the moment. Situations like these mess with your well-being and stress you out.
In this article, I have compiled the best mindfulness quotes about love, life, and success that have helped me to slow down, appreciate my present moments, and focus on what truly matters. Hopefully, they inspire you as well and help you live a more mindful life.
Be sure to also check out our collection on law of attraction quotes to manifest and have your version of life’s desires.
Explore too our category on inspirational quotes for more quotes compilation.
Mindfulness quotes to calm the mind
- “As gold purified in a furnace loses its impurities and achieves its own true nature, the mind gets rid of the impurities of the attributes of delusion, attachment and purity through meditation and attains Reality.” – Adi Shankara
You will enjoy our article on Alexander the Great quotes.
- “You should not be carried away by the dictation of the mind, but the mind should be carried by your dictation.” – A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami
You will enjoy our article on Hero quotes.
- “If you have time to breathe you have time to meditate. You breathe when you walk. You breathe when you stand. You breathe when you lie down.” – Ajahn Amaro
You will enjoy our article on know your worth quotes.
- “If you want to find God, hang out in the space between your thoughts.” – Alan Cohen
You will enjoy our article on sunshine quotes.
- “If you can’t meditate in a boiler room, you can’t meditate.” – Alan Watts
You will enjoy our article on Tuesday morning quotes.
- “Meditation is the discovery that the point of life is always arrived at in the immediate moment.” – Alan Watts
You will enjoy our article on Jackie Robinson quotes.
- “Accepting the reality of change gives rise to equanimity.” – Allan Lokos
You will enjoy our article on Yoda quotes.
- “So what is a good meditator? The one who meditates.” – Allan Lokos
You will enjoy our article on fate quotes.
- “While meditating we are simply seeing what the mind has been doing all along.” – Allan Lokos
You will enjoy our article on mercy quotes.
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
You will enjoy our article on you can do it quotes.
Mindfulness quotes about the beauty of life
- “Life is a mystery – mystery of beauty, bliss and divinity. Meditation is the art of unfolding that mystery.” – Amit Ray
You will enjoy our article on fake people quotes.
- “Meditate, Visualize and Create your own reality and the universe will simply reflect back to you.” – Amit Ray
You will enjoy our article on Monday motivation quotes.
- “Meditation is a way for nourishing and blossoming the divine within you.” – Amit Ray
You will enjoy our article on self confidence quotes.
- “Self-observation is the first step of inner unfolding.” – Amit Ray
You will enjoy our article on vulnerability quotes.
- “Suffering is due to our disconnection with the inner soul. Meditation is establishing that connection.” – Amit Ray
You will enjoy our article on investment quotes.
- “If it weren’t for my mind, my meditation would be excellent.” – Ani Pema Chodron
You will enjoy our article on good night quotes.
- “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better, it’s about befriending who we are.” – Ani Pema Chodron
You will enjoy our article on Osho quotes.
- “Silence is not an absence but a presence.” – Anne D. LeClaire
You will enjoy our article on Lao Tzu quotes.
- “I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
You will enjoy our article on Mother Teresa quotes.
- “The word ‘innocence’ means a mind that is incapable of being hurt.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
You will enjoy our article on Paulo Coelho quotes.
Mindfulness quotes and the effects of meditation
- “Meditation is not a means to an end. It is both the means and the end.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “Words are but the shell; meditation is the kernel.” – Bahya ibn Paquda
- “Through meditation, the Higher Self is experienced.” – Bhagavad Gita
- “When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a candle in a windless place.” – Bhagavad Gita
- “The you that goes in one side of the meditation experience is not the same you that comes out the other side.” – Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
- “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” – Buddha
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Buddha
- “There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting.” – Buddha
- “What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow. Our life is the creation of our mind.” – Buddha
- “When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” – Buddha
More mindfulness quotes for living and life
- “You cannot travel on the path until you become the path itself.” – Buddha
- “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” – Buddha
- “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
- “This is universal. You sit and observe your breath. You can’t say this is a Hindu breath or a Christian breath or a Muslim breath.” – Charles Johnson
- “To earn the trust of your meditation, you have to visit it every day. It’s like having a puppy.” – Chelsea Richer
- “The things that trouble our spirits are within us already. In meditation, we must face them, accept them, and set them aside one by one.” – Cristopher L Bennett
- “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
- “If every 8-year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” – Dalai Lama
- “The thing about meditation is that you become more and more YOU.” – David Lynch
- “You don’t need any methods to get rid of the wrong ideas you have about yourself. All you have to do is stop believing them. The best way to do this is to replace them with ideas that more accurately reflect the real state of affairs.” – Annamalai Swami
Mindfulness quotes on staying at present
- “If you can resist the impulse to claim each and every thought as your own, you will come to a startling conclusion: you will discover that you are the consciousness in which the thoughts appear and disappear.” – Annamalai Swami
- “Be conscious of yourself as consciousness alone, watch all the thoughts come and go. Come to the conclusion, by direct experience, that you are really consciousness itself, not its ephemeral contents.” – Annamalai Swami
- “If you cultivate the attitude of indifference towards the mind, gradually you will cease to identify with it.” – Annamalai Swami
- “Don’t accept delivery of all the wrong ideas that keep coming to you. Rest quietly in the feeling of “I am”, which is consciousness, and cultivate the attitude that all thoughts, all perceptions, are “not me”.” – Annamalai Swami
- “Don’t worry about whether you are making progress or not. Just keep your attention on the Self twenty-four hours a day. Meditation is not something that should be done in a particular position at a particular time. It is an awareness and an attitude that must persist through the day.” – Annamalai Swami
- “Meditation must be continuous. The current of meditation must be present in all your activities.” – Annamalai Swami
- “If you pay attention to thoughts and feelings while you meditate and try to use them to evaluate how well or how badly you are meditating, you will never reach the ultimate silence. Instead you will just get bogged down in mental concepts.” – Annamalai Swami
- “If you can be continuously aware of each thought as it rises, and if you can be so indifferent to it that it doesn’t sprout or flourish, you are well on the way to escaping from the entanglements of mind.” – Annamalai Swami
- “When you know that everything that is happening is only appearing on the screen of consciousness, and that you yourself are the screen on which it all appears, nothing can touch you, harm you or make you afraid.” – Annamalai Swami
- “Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?” – David M. Bader
Mindfulness quotes to quiet the mind and listen to your heart
- “Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there – buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God.” – Diana Robinson
- “Every time you create a gap in the stream of mind, the light of your consciousness grows stronger. One day you may catch yourself smiling at the voice in your head. This means that you no longer take the content of your mind all that seriously, as your sense of self does not depend on it.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “One conscious breathe in and out is a meditation.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Having come to realize in the first stage of meditation that we are not our bodies, in the second stage we make an even more astounding discovery; we are not our minds either.” – Eknath Easwaran
- “It feels good. Kinda like when you have to shut your computer down, just sometimes when it goes crazy, you just shut it down and when you turn it on, it’s okay again. That’s what meditation is to me.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
- “It’s tapping into something so deep that when I reap the rewards, I do not even know I’m reaping them.” – Eva Mendes
- “Work is not always required. There is such a thing as sacred idleness.” – George MacDonald
- “Silence is a fence around wisdom.” – German Proverb
Mindfulness quotes about being aware
- “Self-Enquiry is not asking you to believe or to trust – it is putting a mirror in front of you and asking you to look. Enquiry is suited to many people in the West, because we are more mental. And it is very direct. So unsparing is its look that nothing can escape.” – Mooji
- “You are the knower of knowledge; you perceive perceiving. Come to this place, and see if any questions remain there within you.” – Mooji
- “The simplest aspect of self-enquiry is to just hold onto the sense I AM, the sense of Being. Keep the sense of “I” or “I AM” by itself. Everyone can do this exercise – it brings immediate results.” – Mooji
- “All experiences come and go. What witnesses experiencing itself?” – Mooji
- “Mind is there, in front of you. Don’t log in.” – Mooji
- “Something is aware of even the energy of confusion inside of you. There is no need to get unconfused. Leave it – it will pass.” – Mooji
- “All you need to do is recognize your true position as the witness. You only have to do this for some time, until the spell is broken. Even after the spell is broken these mental tendencies may arise, but without any power, just like you can see the moon in the daylight.” – Mooji
- “There is no need to believe or disbelieve your thoughts – just don’t enter anything. They don’t distract you – you get distracted. Nothing exists in itself as a distraction – it is you who get distracted. Why?” – Mooji
- “The nature of illusion is that, when you see through it, it disappears.” – Mooji
Mindfulness quotes on moving towards realization
- “Let every thought come and hug you, but you don’t hug anything. Then, gradually, the noise will start to back off.” – Mooji
- “You want to be free as the ego, but you need to be free FROM the ego. To be free from it is to understand its unreality.” – Mooji
- “Let the mind come as it wants; just you don’t go with it. The greatest salesman in the world cannot sell you if you don’t buy.” – Mooji
- “Everything is happening spontaneously, and the witnessing of it is also happening spontaneously. Everything is already happening in natural balance.” – Mooji
- “Meditation is the signpost directing the steps to the main highway of realization.” – Guy Bogart
- “To maintain a powerful life force, forget yourself, forget about living and dying, and bring your full attention into this moment.” – H.E. Davey
- “Have no age, transcend both past and future, and enter into the eternal present.” – H.E. Davey
- “The spirit of meditation is the combating against the weight of one’s feelings.” – Hakuin Ekaku
- “In the beginning you will fall into the gaps in between thoughts – after practicing for years, you become the gap.” – J. Kleykamp
- “Meditation is the secret of all growth in spiritual life and knowledge.” – James Allen
Mindfulness quotes of mastering your mind and emotion
- “Be the master OF mind rather than mastered BY mind.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Inner stillness is the key to outer strength.” – Jared Brock
- “Meditation QuotesIf only you will remain resting in consciousness, seeing yourself as distinct from the body, then even now you will become happy, peaceful and free from bonds.” – Ashtavakra Gita
- “Desire and anger are objects of the mind, but the mind is not yours, nor ever has been. You are choiceless awareness itself and unchanging – so live happily.” – Ashtavakra Gita
- “Happy he stands, happy he sits, happy sleeps, and happy he comes and goes. Happy he speaks and happy he eats. This is the life of a man at peace.” – Ashtavakra Gita
- “It’s like having a charger for your whole body and mind. That’s what Meditation is!” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “The affairs of the world will go on forever. Do not delay the practice of meditation.” – Jetsun Milarepa
- “The mind in itself can make a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven.” – John Milton
- “Meditation is to the mind what exercise is to the body – it warms and invigorates.” – John Thornton
- “Meditation provides a way of learning how to let go. As we sit, the self we’ve been trying to construct and make into a nice, neat package continues to unravel.” – John Welwood
Mindfulness quotes on inner peace
- “Sitting like a mountain let your mind rise, fly and soar.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
- “The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lifetime.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
- “Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” – St Francis De Sales
- “Meditation allows us to directly participate in our lives instead of living life as an afterthought.” – Stephen Levine
- “Even in the midst of disturbance, the stillness of the mind can offer sanctuary.” – Stephen Richards
- “When you reach a calm and quiet meditative state, that is when you can hear the sound of silence.” – Stephen Richards
- “Give the child a taste of meditation by creating a climate and atmosphere of love, acceptance and silence.” – Swami Dhyan Giten
- ‘Your goal is not to battle with the mind, but to witness the mind.” – Swami Muktananda
- ‘Meditation is offering your genuine presence to yourself in every moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Samsara is mind turned outwardly, lost in its projections. Nirvana is mind turned inwardly, recognizing its nature.” – Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
Mindfulness quotes about letting go and trusting the process
- “I sit therefore I am.” – Niraj
- “Truth is not something that you can search outside, it is something that needs to be explored within. Truth descends when you are in the state of no-mind. Being meditative leads into the state of no-mind.” – Vishwas Chavan
- “Simply notice that you’re aware. At any given moment, you can choose to follow the chain of thoughts, emotions, and sensations that reinforce a perception of yourself as vulnerable and limited, or to remember that your true nature is pure, unconditioned, and incapable of being harmed.” – Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- “Live your life without hurting anybody. Harmlessness is a most powerful form of Yoga and it will take you speedily to your goal. This is what I call nisarga yoga, the Natural yoga. It is the art of living in peace and harmony, in friendliness and love. The fruit of it is happiness, uncaused and endless.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “Meditation is a deliberate attempt to pierce into the higher states of consciousness and finally go beyond it. The art of meditation is the art of shifting the focus of attention to ever subtler levels, without losing one’s grip on the levels left behind. (…) Save all your energies and time for breaking the wall your mind had built around you. Believe me, you will not regret.’ – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “Whatever you may have to do, watch your mind. Also you must have moments of complete inner peace and quiet, when your mind is absolutely still. If you miss it, you miss the entire thing. If you do not, the silence of the mind will dissolve and absorb all else.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “You begin by letting thoughts flow and watching them. The very observation slows down the mind till it stops altogether. Once the mind is quiet, keep it quiet. Don’t get bored with peace, be in it, go deeper into it.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “Stop, look, investigate, ask the right questions, come to the right conclusions and have the courage to act on them and see what happens. The first steps may bring the roof down on your head, but soon the commotion will clear and there will be peace and joy.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “Detach yourself from all that makes your mind restless. Renounce all that disturbs its peace. If you want peace, deserve it. By being a slave to your desires and fears, you disturb peace.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “Watch your thoughts as you watch the street traffic. People come and go; you register without response. It may not be easy in the beginning, but with some practice you will find that your mind can function on many levels at the same time and you can be aware of them all.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
Mindfulness quotes on self awareness
- “Pain is physical; suffering is mental. Beyond the mind there is no suffering. Pain is essential for the survival of the body, but none compels you to suffer. Suffering is due entirely to clinging or resisting; it is a sign of our unwillingness to move on, to flow with life.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “Whatever state I am in, I see it as a state of mind to be accepted as it is.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “The first steps in self-acceptance are not at all pleasant, for what one sees is not a happy sight. One needs all the courage to go further.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “There is only one meditation – the rigorous refusal to harbor thoughts.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “When pain is accepted for what it is, a lesson and a warning, and deeply looked into and heeded, the separation between pain and pleasure breaks down, both become just experience – painful when resisted, joyful when accepted.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “The main factor in meditation is to keep the mind active in its own pursuit without taking in external impressions or thinking of other matters.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Whenever a thought arises, instead of trying even a little either to follow it up or to fulfil it, it would be better to first enquire, “To whom did this thought arise?” – Ramana Maharshi
- “The state we call realization is simply being oneself, not knowing anything or becoming anything.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Keep the remembrance of your real nature alive, even while working, and avoid haste which causes you to forget. Be deliberate. Practice meditation to still the mind and cause it to become aware of its true relationship to the Self which supports it. Do not imagine that it is you who are doing the work. Think that is the underlying current which is doing it. Identify yourself with the current.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Meditation applies the brakes to the mind.” – Ramana Maharshi
Mindfulness quotes about mind, soul and body
- “Your duty is to be and not to be this or that. ‘I am that I am’ sums up the whole truth. The method is summed up in the words ‘Be still’. Give up the notion that ‘I am so and so’. All that is required to realize the Self is to be still. What can be easier than that?” – Ramana Maharshi
- “The degree of freedom from unwanted thoughts and the degree of concentration on a single thought are the measures to gauge the progress.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “From where does this “I” arise? Seek for it within; it then vanishes. This is the pursuit of wisdom. When the mind unceasingly investigates its own nature, it transpires that there is no such thing as mind. This is the direct path for all. The mind is merely thoughts. Of all thoughts the thought “I” is the root.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Realisation is nothing new to be acquired. It is already there, but obstructed by a screen of thoughts. All our attempts are directed to lifting this screen and then realisation is revealed.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “See who is in the subject. The investigation leads you to pure consciousness beyond the subject.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in eternal awareness or pure consciousness without objectification. Knowing without thinking; merging finitude in infinity.” – Swami Sivananda
- “Put your heart, mind, intellect, and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
- “The mind is responsible for the feelings of pleasure and pain. Control of the mind is the highest Yoga.” – Swami Sivananda
- “All that you are is the result of what you have thought. It is founded on your thoughts. It is made up of your thoughts.” – Swami Sivananda
- “Through repeated practice of the body scan over time, we come to grasp the reality of our body as whole in the present moment. This feeling of wholeness can be experienced no matter what is wrong with your body. One part of your body, or many parts of your body, may be diseased or in pain or even missing, yet you can still cradle them in this experience of wholeness.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness quotes on finding inner strength
- “Healing and uplifting our brain, mind and heart is now an imperative for us collectively so we can deal with the tsunami of very real technological advances rushing towards us, changing life as we know it forever.” – Jonathan Robert Banks
- “Mind can be your best friend or your worst enemy.” – Kabira
- “May my heart be kind. May my mind be fierce. May my spirit be brave.” – Kate Forsyth
- “Go within every day and find the inner strength, so that the world cannot blow your candle out.” – Katherine Dunham
- “Meditation is not spacing-out or running away. In fact, it is being totally honest with ourselves.” – Kathleen McDonald
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
- “Whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. What is soft is strong.” – Lao Tzu
- “Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.” – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- “Spiritual yearning is the homesickness of the soul.” – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- “Mere physical sitting is not enough. You have to sit carefully and attentively. Let your body and breathing sit. Let your mind and emotions sit. Let your blood circulation sit. Let everything sit. Then your sitting becomes indestructible, immovable.” – Maezumi Roshi
Mindfulness quotes about living in harmony with yourself
- “SEX! Now that I have your attention… Please try to meditate at least 15 minutes, every day. You know it’s good for you.” – Marcelo Alves
- “He who lives in harmony with himself, lives in harmony with the universe.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Listen to the compass of your heart. All you need lies within you.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “One hour of contemplation surpasses sixty years of worship.” – Muhammad
- “Meditation stills the wandering mind and establishes us forever in a state of peace.” – Muktananda
- “Thoughts are like birds in mind; some fly in, some fly out. Some stay at water hole to drink. Beware of birds that linger.” – Natalie Wright
- “It is better to meditate a little bit with depth than to mediate long with the mind running here and there. If you do not make an effort to control the mind it will go on doing as it pleases, no matter how long you sit to meditate.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Untrained warriors are soon killed on the battlefield; so also persons untrained in the art of preserving their inner peace are quickly riddled by the bullets of worry and restlessness in active life.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “This withdrawal from the day’s turmoil into creative silence is not a luxury, a fad, or a futility. It dissolves mental tensions and heals negative emotions.” – Paul Brunton
Mindfulness quotes on the pleasure of simply being
- “Meditation is a lifelong gift. It’s something you can call on at any time.” – Paul McCartney
- “Whenever you try to dictate the outcome of your meditation you negate its most wondrous benefit – the pleasure of simply being.” – Paul Wilson
- “We spend a great deal of time telling God what we think should be done, and not enough time waiting in the stillness for God to tell us what to do.” – Peace Pilgrim
- “It’s helpful to remind yourself that meditation is about opening and relaxing with whatever arises, without picking and choosing.” – Pema Chödrön
- “Loving-kindness towards ourselves doesn’t mean getting rid of anything. It means we can still be crazy after all these years. We can still be angry after all these years. We can still be timid, jealous or full of feelings of unworthiness. The point is not to try to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.” – Pema Chödrön
- “What’s encouraging about meditation is that even if we shut down, we can no longer shut down in ignorance. We see very clearly that we’re closing off. That in itself begins to illuminate the darkness of ignorance.” – Pema Chödrön
- “Some people think that meditation takes time away from physical accomplishment. Taken to extremes, of course, that’s true. Most people, however, find that meditation creates more time than it takes.” – Peter McWilliams
- “It’s like being in love, but instead of this love directed at someone or something, it’s directed at everyone and everything.” – Preston Lindsay
- “If we read the stories of the great spiritual teachers of the past, we find that they have attained spiritual realization through a great deal of meditation, solitude and practice. They did not take any shortcuts.” – Rajiv Mehrontra
- “You get peace of mind not by thinking about it or imagining it, but by quietening and relaxing the restless mind.” – Remez Sasson
Mindfulness quotes about learning to master your mind
- “Your mind is your instrument. Learn to be its master and not its slave.” – Remez Sasson
- “Meditation is such a more substantial reality than what we normally take to be reality.” – Richard Gere
- “A most useful approach to meditation practice is to consider it the most important activity of each day. Schedule it as you would an extremely important appointment, and unfailingly keep your appointment.” – Roy Eugene Davis
- “Keep your heart clear and transparent and you will never be bound. A single disturbed thought creates ten thousand distractions.” – Ryokan
- “Learn to enjoy the way as much as you would enjoy when you reach the destination.” – Sakshi Chetana
- “We must experience the Truth in a direct, practical and real way. This is only possible in the stillness and silence of the mind; and this is achieved by means of meditation.” – Samael Aun Weor
- “It is sometimes said that the first stages of the meditation process are the most difficult. The first distraction is the physical body. Sometimes there is real pain in sitting, and sometimes the ego just tries to distract us by creating itches we will want to scratch.” – Sarasvati Buhrman
- “It is never too late to turn on the light. Your ability to break an unhealthy habit or turn off an old tape doesn’t depend on how long it has been running; a shift in perspective doesn’t depend on how long you’ve held on to the old view. When you flip the switch, it doesn’t matter whether it’s been dark for ten minutes, ten years or ten decades. The light still illuminates the room and banishes the murkiness, letting you see the things you couldn’t see before. It’s never too late to take a moment to look.” – Sharon Salzberg
- “Meditation is a microcosm, a model, a mirror. The skills we practice when we sit are transferable to the rest of our lives.” – Sharon Salzberg
- “ Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.” – Sharon Salzberg
Mindfulness quotes on being intentional
- “Mindfulness isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” – Sharon Salzberg
- “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “ Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable. – Swami Vivekananda
- “Do one thing at a time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer, that is all.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.’ – Swami Vivekananda
- “There is no limit to the power of the human mind. The more concentrated it is, the more power is brought to bear on one point.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “A few conscious-hearted, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Stand in that reverent attitude to the whole universe, and then will come perfect non attachment.” – Swami Vivekananda
Which of these mindfulness quotes inspired you the most?
Aside from reading these mindfulness quotes, you also need to practice being present and aware of your thoughts and emotions so that you can cultivate a sense of inner peace and contentment and ultimately live a more mindful and meaningful life.
I know how busy the world can be. The drive for success has us chasing goals and dreams but I hope that in the midst of the chaotic lifestyle, you still find time to kick back and take a breather. The world is passing by so quickly and if you are not living a mindful life, you will wake up one day and wonder how and when you got to where you are.
You’ll miss out on a lot of moments not because you were not physically present but because you were absent-minded. So, memorize these words of wisdom and strive to be more mindful in all you do.