Resilience is one of the crucial skills in life. These resilience quotes compilation will help you to go through any challenges face. Difficult obstacles, challenges, and setbacks are a part of life. But what determines you to fight through the battle or cave in and not let those challenges beat us is resilience.66 Resilience Quotes To Help You During Tough Times Click To Tweet
Worry not as you can access the inherent mental strengths that exist within you and we are hopeful, through these quotes about resilience, it’ll help you push through difficult times and emerge out victorious.
Action plan on how to use your favorite quotes effectively
Don’t just read through the quotes and not apply them. Here are actions plans on how you can take advantage of your favorite quotes effectively as a great reminder and inspiration for your daily empowerment.
- Print it – Print your favorite quote onto paper and stick them up at obvious places around your house, like your bed frame, desk, dressing mirror, refrigerator or microwave.
- Desktop or mobile wallpaper – Type or work out a simple design (use Canva.com to make designing effortless) for your desktop or mobile wallpaper. Change it from time to time for empowering variations.
- Workplace / worktop – Frame your favorite quote up and place them so by your desk. Not only do you get inspired after each read, your colleagues might too.
- Pocket-size cut outs – Compile a list of your favorite quotes in wallet-size fittings. Keep them in your wallet or at the back of your pocket wherever you go. That way, you get to read through them conveniently wherever you go.
- Accelerate further – to this day, I am still constantly learning through paid educational platforms to improve my personal development and professional growth. Even though nowadays, multiple resources can be freely found online, but it’ll take a tremendous amount of effort and time to find what works. I know so and have been joining a premium, life-changing learning program called Mindvalley. It connects me to the world’s best teachers and community and I’ve been on their program since 2019. So yes, I know the programs taught inside work.
Inspirational resilience quotes to help you push through
1. “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.” – Elizabeth Edwards
2. “My scars remind me that I did indeed survive my deepest wounds. That in itself is an accomplishment. And they bring to mind something else, too. They remind me that the damage life has inflicted on me has, in many places, left me stronger and more resilient. What hurt me in the past has actually made me better equipped to face the present.” – Steve Goodier
3. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
4. “There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who do not. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.” – José N. Harris
5. “You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined.” – Elizabeth Edwards
6. “When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realize that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Read more: 199 Quotes About Power
More resilience quotes to go through tough times.
7. “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” – Joshua Waitzkin
8. “Someone said adversity builds character, but someone else said adversity reveals character. I’m pleasantly surprised with my resilience. I persevere, and not just blindly. I take the best, get rid of the rest, and move on, realizing that you can make a choice to take the good.” – Brooke Shields
9. “Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.” – Mary Holloway
10. “Experience life in all possible ways — good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
11. “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.” – Osho
12. “The difference between a strong man and a weak one is that the former does not give up after a defeat.” – Woodrow Wilson
Resilience quotes to never give up.
13. “Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
14. “Forget mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do right now, and do it. Today is your lucky day.” – Will Durant
15. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
16. “It is really wonderful how much resilience there is in human nature. Let any obstructing cause, no matter what, be removed in any way, even by death, and we fly back to first principles of hope and enjoyment.” – Bram Stoker
17. “Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.” – Yasmin Mogahed
18. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
Best resilience quotes for inner strength
19. “I spent my young adult years postponing many of the small things that I knew would make me happy. I was fortunate enough to realize that I would never have the time unless I made the time. And then the rest of my life began.” — Dr. Chris Peterson
20. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
21. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
22. “As much as talent counts, effort counts twice.” ― Angela Duckworth
23. “Resilience isn’t a single skill. It’s a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive.” ― Jean Chatzky
24. “I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance. Never settle for the path of least resistance.” ― Lee Ann Womack, I Hope You Dance
More short resilience quotes
25. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” ― Og Mandino
26. “We all have battles to fight. And it’s often in those battles that we are most alive: it’s on the frontlines of our lives that we earn wisdom, create joy, forge friendships, discover happiness, find love, and do purposeful work.” ― Eric Greitens, Resilience
27. “Successful people demonstrate their resilience through their dedication to making progress every day, even if that progress is marginal.” ― Jonathan Mills, How to Be Successful in Business and in Life
28. “No one escapes pain, fear, and suffering. Yet from pain can come wisdom, from fear can come courage, from suffering can come strength – if we have the virtue of resilience.” ― Eric Greitens, Resilience
29. “Like tiny seeds with potent power to push through tough ground and become mighty trees, we hold innate reserves of unimaginable strength. We are resilient.” ― Catherine DeVrye, The Gift of Nature
30. “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” ― Les Brown
Good resilience quotes for courage
31. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ― Thomas Edison
32. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ― Oprah Winfrey
33. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
34. “Resilience is based on compassion for ourselves as well as compassion for others.” ― Sharon Salzberg
35. “Resilience is the ability to attack while running away.” ― Wes Fessler
36. “We are not a product of what has happened to us in our past. We have the power of choice.” ― Stephen Covey
Resilience quotes in life to never give up
37. “When we learn how to become resilient, we learn how to embrace the beautifully broad spectrum of the human experience.” ― Jaeda Dewalt
38. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” ― Winston Churchill
39. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ― Japanese Proverb
40. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Confucius
41. “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” ― Bob Richards
42. “I tried and failed. I tried again and again and succeeded.” ― Gail Borden
Inspirational growth through resilience quotes
43. “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” ― Gregory S. Williams
44. “No matter how bleak or menacing a situation may appear, it does not entirely own us. It can’t take away our freedom to respond, our power to take action.” ― Ryder Carroll
45. “Grief and resilience live together.” ― Michelle Obama, Becoming
46. “You must bear losses like a soldier, the voice told me, bravely and without complaint, and just when the day seems lost, grab your shield for another stand, another thrust forward. That is the juncture that separates heroes from the merely strong.” ― Margaret George, The Memoirs of Cleopatra
47. “A good half of the art of living is resilience.” ― Alain de Botton
48. “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” ― Elizabeth Edwards
49. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.” ― J.K. Rowling
50. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” ― Maya Angelou
51. “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” ― Nelson Mandela
52. “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
53. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ― Margaret Thatcher
54. “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” ― Gever Tulley
55. “My barn having burned down, I can now see the moon.” ― Mizuta Masahide (17th century Japanese poet and samurai)
56. “My life was my life; I would have to stare it down, somehow, and make it work for me.” ― Paula McLain
57. “Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.” ― Mary Oliver
58. “Note to self: every time you were convinced you couldn’t go on, you did.”
59. “The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.” ― Ernest Hemingway
60. “Strong people alone know how to organize their suffering so as to bear only the most necessary pain.” ― Emil Dorian
61. “The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.” ― Robert Jordan, The Fires of Heaven
62. “If your heart is broken, make art with the pieces.” ― Shane Koyczan
63. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
64. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” ― Napoleon Hill
65. “Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” ― E.B. White
66. “Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” ― Oliver Goldsmith
Which resilience quotes inspired you the most?
When life knocks you down, it takes resilience to pull through and get back up. Learning to develop resilient strength in ourselves is important. It may take a great deal of effort but once you have the mental toughness to face adversity in the eye, you’ll be capable of handling life’s toughest obstacles thrown onto you with more clarity.
In the end, life has it’s ups and downs. It’s how and what we do during difficult moments that’ll define us. Let us know, which of these resilience quotes and sayings inspired you the most? If you have any that has not been mentioned here, share and comment down below.