Sunday mornings are always a time for us to kick back, reflect and rejuvenate. We get to press the pause button in our lives and appreciate the simple things in life. Reading Sunday morning quotes is one of the best ways to start the new day on a positive note. It helps us to unwind from the previous week and prepare for the week ahead.
By reading these quotes, we can focus on the present moment, appreciate the beauty around us, be reminded of what’s important, and be inspired to be our best selves. We will feel motivated to tackle any challenge that comes our way.
If you love reading these Sunday morning quotes, you’ll definitely enjoy reading about:
I have taken time to curate the best Sunday morning quotes from famous philosophers and poets and modern-day influencers.
Some of these quotes will encourage you to seize the day and make the most out of it while others will inspire you to be compassionate and appreciate the beauty of the world around us.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of inspirational quotes to inspire and empower your life.
Sunday morning quotes for an amazing week
- “Sunday is your best day. You know you had an amazing week. Time to recover and think how you gonna kill the next one.” – Unknown
Check out this article about discipline quotes.
- “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.” – Unknown
Check out this article about mindfulness quotes.
- “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” – Marilyn vos Savant
Check out this article about know your worth quotes.
- “Sunday is my favorite day.” – Emma Caulfield
Check out this article about serenity quotes.
- “Do not waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Matthew Kelly
Check out this article about good night quotes.
- “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” – Elfriede Jelinek
Check out this article about mercy quotes.
- “On this Sunday, let us take a few moments to stop and thank God for all of the beauty that is in this world.” – Unknown
Check out this article about The Alchemist quotes.
- “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.” – Nanea Hoffman
Check out this article about moving on quotes.
- “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” – Albert Schweitzer
Check out this article about sassy quotes.
- “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Check out this article about water quotes.
Sunday morning quotes to declutter and replenish again
- “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
Check out this article about Wizard of Oz quotes.
- “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.” – Mark Morris
Check out this article about Mary Oliver quotes.
- “Sunday’s my day off, where I eat whatever I want. I don’t let myself have something. I do love French fries and bread.” – Ashley Tisdale
Check out this article about Peter Pan quotes.
- “Sunday is like this entertainment scrum for me, because I’ve only got a day, one day of fun. So I want to have brunch, and I want to see a movie, and I want to watch ‘Game of Thrones,’ and I’m trying to watch ‘The Sopranos’ from the beginning, and I want to play four hours of video games. So, it’s, like, as regimented as my work life.” – Aisha Tyler
Check out this article about sunshine quotes.
- ”Sunday is the perfect day to refuel your soul and to be grateful for each and every one of your blessings.” – Unknown
Check out this article about fate quotes.
- ”Sunday is the core of our civilization, dedicated to thought and reverence.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Check out this article about you can do it quotes.
- ”Have a great Sunday! Experience life in all possible ways: good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
Check out this article about Samurai quotes.
- ”The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.” – Chuck Palahniuk
Check out this article about energy quotes.
- ”Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” – John Shirley
Check out this article about good morning love quotes.
- ”Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.” – Benjamin Franklin
Check out this article about keep going quotes.
Good morning Sunday quotes for a happy weekend
- ”Sundays tend to be a day where just I do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.” – Chuck Palahniuk
Check out this article about law of attraction quotes.
- ”When I woke up Sunday morning at the Open and stepped outside and felt the wind and rain in my face, I knew I had an excellent chance to win if I just took my time and trusted myself.“ – Tom Kite
Check out this article about procrastination quotes.
- ”Always take some of the play, fun, freedom and wonders of the weekend into your week and your work.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
Check out this article about love of my life quotes.
- ”It’s not that we spend five days looking forward to just two. It’s that most people do what they enjoy most on those two days. Imagine living a life where every day is your Saturdays and Sundays. Make every day your weekend. Make every day a play-day…” – James A. Murphy
Check out this article about cloud quotes.
- ”I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” – Audrey Hepburn
Check out this article about humble quotes.
- ”This is your Sunday evening reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.” – Unknown
Check out this article about thinking of you quotes.
- ”There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.” – Bishop Gerald Causse
Check out this article about good morning love quotes for her.
- ”On this lovely Sunday, remember to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and indulge yourself in a nice cup of coffee.” – Unknown
Check out this article about passion quotes.
- ”This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow?” – Kurt Vonnegut
- ”Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.” – John Lasseter
Sunday morning quotes for a relaxing day
- ”Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.” – Chris Klein
- ”But nothing beats a Woody Allen film on a Sunday night, with a glass of wine and some leftovers.” – Kate Fleetwood
- ”It’s a beautiful Sunday morning and a great opportunity to thank the Lord for reminding us how blessed we are.” – Unknown
- ”SUNDAY – The day I planned a lot but actually do nothing.” – Lovely Goyal
- ”How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.” – Darnell Lamont Walker
- ”Sunday on the beach, having seashells in the pocket, sand in the shoes, was the day to refuel our souls and be grateful to the blessings.” – ejump
- ”Between Monday and Saturday men make an audience. On Sunday, they make a congregation.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- ”You know what Sunday is, it’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.” – Polly Horvath
- ”Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.” – Sera Train
- ”But it’s Sunday, Mr. Bell. Clocks are slow on Sundays.” – Truman Capote
Sunday morning quotes to be thankful for the day
- ”It can be sunny everyday but not as authentic as on a Sunday.” – Unknown
- ”What does Sunday, the day of the Lord, mean for us? It is a day for rest and for family, but first of all a day for Him.” – Pope Benedict XVI
- ”The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.” – Jean Rhys
- ”On this wonderful Sunday, don’t forget to be thankful for the little things in life.” – Unknown
- ”Today is Sunday, so please conduct yourself accordingly. Sleep in, sip tea, lay around in your pajamas, listen to good music, and indulge yourself in an afternoon nap.” – Unknown
- ”Sunday is the Lord’s Day. Let us find time to be with him.” – Pope Francis
- ”Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Unknown
- ”Start this Sunday with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for his priceless gifts and miracles throughout the world.” – Unknown
- ”You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day.” – Byron Pulsifer
- ”On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into day, swarms of gulls descended on the uncollected trash, hovering and dropping in the cold clear light.” – Edward Conlon
Sunday morning quotes for happy and carefree time
- “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” – A.D. Posey
- “Free yourself from all prejudices and let yourself go on Sunday.” – Unknown
- “Saturdays are for adventure; Sundays are for cuddling.” – Unknown
- “Smiles are prettier than frowns, giving is warmer than receiving, and loving is more beautiful than hating. Smile this Sunday.” – Unknown
- “Sunday is an excellent chance to start living your life to the fullest, do what you want and forget about consequences.” – Unknown
- “Enjoy your Sunday! Have faith in your heart and courage to fulfill all your dreams.” – Unknown
- “Cheers to Sunday. Snuggle by the fire, read a good book, have a hot cup of coffee (or two), watch an old movie, relax and enjoy the day.” – Unknown
- “It’s a beautiful Sunday! There are so many reasons to be happy and not to give up, look around and cheer up.” – Unknown
- “The city takes a breath on Sunday. Of all that’s lost with the pursuit of what’s next, I hope we don’t lose that.” – Hawksley Workman
- “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” – Bill Watterson
Blessed Sunday morning quotes to look forward to
- “After a week of the contained chaos that is my job, I need some solitary running time. On Sundays, I can unwind and reconnect with the natural world.” – Linda Jones
- “Trust in God’s sweet timing and don’t ever, ever think that you don’t have value on this earth. You are born for such a time as this.” – Unknown
- “It’s a new day. I’m alive. I’m blessed. God is good. God is great. Have a blessed Sunday!” – Unknown
- “May your Sunday be blessed with love, joy, peace and happiness.” – Unknown
- “Don’t waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Unknown
- “Take your life into your own hands and make this Sunday awesome!” – Unknown
- “Sunday brings along memories of childhood when I used to wake up to go to church. Then when I would return home there would be something special for breakfast. I miss those days.” – Quincy Latte
- “Have a prosperous Sunday! Meet with your family and friends and spend each second of this day with pleasure.” – Unknown
- “Time flows in a strange way on Sundays.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Have the courage to start a new path this Sunday and a miracle will happen.” – Unknown
Sunday morning quotes to wake up feeling grateful
- “Now, every day when I wake up I am grateful. I have to be. And I have to count the things that are abundant in my life. Literally count them.” – James Altuchera
- “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust
- “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.” – Unknown
- “Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith.” – Kareena Kapoor Khan
- “Give and accept pleasure, happiness, and laughter, because today is Sunday.” – Unknown
- “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” – Pablo Neruda
- “Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not wound.” – Unknown
- “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” – Joel Osteen
- “Sunday is a wonderful day to spend in the circle of your family and friends, make impressions for the whole week today.” – Unknown
- “Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sunday morning quotes to inspire your day
- “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 19
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Happy & Blessed Sunday. May you enjoy the blessings and favor of God today. Enjoy the beauty that this day brings.” – Unknown
- “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive. Happy Sunday.” – Unknown
- “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” – Roopleen
- “Sunday is a perfect day to choose a new path in life, don’t be afraid of changes, they come when they are really needed. Have a wonderful Sunday.” – Unknown
- “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Smile more than you cry, give more than you take and love more than you hate.” – Unknown
- “You and your purpose in life are the same thing. Your purpose is to be you.” – George Alexiou
Sunday morning quotes to live for today
- “It’s Sunday! Let you be in harmony with yourself and with the outer world and spend this day brightly.” – Unknown
- “Light tomorrow with today.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Let this Sunday be a rainbow for the entire upcoming week! Shine & smile!” – Unknown
- “It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.” – Robert H. Goddard
- “Let this Sunday morning bring you lots of smiles and you’ll leave all troubles behind you.” – Unknown
- “A hopeless man sees difficulties in every chance, but a hopeful person sees chances in every difficulty.” – Ali ibn Abi Talib
- “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “The first step is you have to say that you can.” – Will Smith
- “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Sunday morning quotes to have a great day
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I get up every morning and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day.” – Paul Henderson
- “Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness.” – Nanea Hoffman
- “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Every morning, I wake up saying, ‘I’m still alive, a miracle.’ And so I keep on pushing.” – Jim Carrey
- “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.” – Larry Page
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
Which of these Sunday morning quotes are your favorite?
As you can see, you have no shortage of Sunday morning quotes to guide you on your life journey. These quotes have the power to inspire, uplift and inspire you as you start the new week.
You’ll be reminded of what’s truly important in life, find happiness in the simplest of things, and most of all, you’ll be encouraged to chase your dreams.
So, as you go about your day and week, let the words of these wise famous philosophers and modern-day influencers inspire you to be your best self.
Let them also serve as a reminder of the endless possibilities and opportunities that each day brings.
What truly makes life interesting is our courage to go out there and create the life that we want to live, one day at a time.
I hope you take these powerful quotes to heart and make the most of your weekend and ultimately your life.